FIFA Puskas Award 2013: nominations !
Nominations for the Puskas Award 2013 are just out !
This prize is awarded to the best goal of 2013, and you can vote it on FIFA or Francefootball website until December 9, when the list will be reduced to three nominees, the there will be other votes and the winner will be announced in Zurich on January 13, during a gala, where the Golden Ball will be awarded as well.
The prize was born in 2009, and the previous winners were: Cristiano Ronaldo, Hamit Altintop, Neymar and Miroslav Stoch.
The “strange” thing is that the winners have always been famous or very famous footballer, so there are some doubt about the selection of the nominees and the votes, maybe people vote more the name of the footballers than the beauty of the goals.
Anyway there are few criteria to choose the nominees:
- the beauty of the goal (subjective criterion)
- the importance of the match (objective criteria, from the more to the less important: National Team match, continental club competition, Championship)
- the goal doesn’t have to be caused by a accidental episode, i.e. a deflection
- Fair Play: the player mustn’t have behaved unfairly, or be charged of use of doping.
Here you are the list of the candidates and a video with their goals:
Fell free to let us kwow your preference in the comments.
- Peter Ankersen (Esbjerg fB)
– Lisa De Vanna (Sky Blue)
– Antonio Di Natale (Udinese)
– Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden)
– Panagiotis Kone (Bologna)
– Louisa Nécib (Olimpique Lyonnaise Féminin)
– Daniel Ludueña (Pachuca)
– Nemanja Matić (Benfica)
- Juan Manuel Olivera (Nautico)
– Neymar (Brazil)